Our OVBC Youth Ministry seeks to come alongside parents as a resource for helping junior high and high school students become complete disciples for the glory of God. The ministry is built on 5 key areas of emphasis:
● Relationships- Truth is not easily received without trust. We want to create an environment that fosters relationships between students and leaders, but also between students and their peers. (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, Proverbs 27:17)
● Community- We hope to see the program become more than just events and meetings, but a community of students who share a common bond through their faith in Christ, welcome all newcomers, and know they have a place in the church body as a whole (Hebrews 10:24-25, 1 Timothy 4:12)
● Ownership- God doesn't have grandchildren. We don't want the kids to just repeat all the right answers, instead we want our youth to understand why they believe what they believe and to be able to articulate it to others as well (Philippians 2:12-13, 1 Peter 1:5-9)
● Experience- We want to provide opportunities for the students to BE THE CHURCH. Whether through week-long missions trips or afternoon service projects, putting their faith into practice helps students grow in ways that listening to a sermon can't (James 2:17).
● Next Steps- Students are not the church of tomorrow, they are the church of today, and they are being sent out into the world severely under-equipped. The percentage of students who graduate high school and leave the church is staggering- because of this we want to help equip our students for life beyond the 4 walls of the youth room, so they can stand firm in their faith (Ephesians 6:11).
We accomplish these 5 areas through weekly meetings, small group breakout times, fun events, service projects, missions trips, youth camp, and many more awesome experiences.
Join us for Youth Group on Wednesday evenings from 7pm-8:30pm in the Education Building (located next to the church)