Orchard Valley Baptist Church was formed in 1997 with the merging of two local churches. We are an elder-led, ethnically diverse body of believers made up of families, couples, and singles of all ages who gather under the common unity we share in Christ. At OVBC our purpose is to glorify God by developing authentic, passionate Christ-followers and we work to accomplish this every day by utilizing our 5 purposes of the church; worship, fellowship, discipleship, service,and evangelism.
Any given service at OVBC can include baptism by immersion (Acts 2:41-42 & 8:35-38), partaking in communion (1 Corinthians 11:23-26), small group prayer times, shared testimonies and stories of faith, biblical postures of worship such as clapping and lifting hands, and worship through financial giving. You may see congregants dressed in suits and ties or jeans and t-shirts. Our focus as a church is more on what is going on inside of you than what you look like, so please come as you are (1 Samuel 16:7).
Our worship services also reflect the core values that we hold as a church body. These values are:
● Christ's Headship: We acknowledge Jesus Christ as the head of our church and submit ourselves to His good will and pleasure. (Ephesians 1:22-23)
● Biblical Authority: We understand the Bible to be our final authority in all matters of faith and conduct. (Matthew 4:4)
● Biblical Teaching: We strive to teach God's word with integrity and relevancy in a way that ministers grace and urges obedience. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
● Authentic Christianity: We believe that the pursuit of full devotion to Christ and an authentic Christian lifestyle should be the prevailing attitude for every believer. (Philippians 2:5)
● Authentic Worship: We desire to acknowledge God's supreme value and worth in the corporate community of our church and in our personal lives. (Romans 12:1)
● The Power of Prayer: We rely on private and corporate prayer in the conception, planning and execution of all ministries and activities of our church. (Matthew 7:7-8)
● Lost People: We value Unchurched, lost people because God values them, and will use culturally relevant, Christ-honoring means to reach, build, and equip them. (Luke 19:10)
● Equipping The Church: We seek to equip our uniquely designed and gifted people to accomplish the work of Christ's ministry, serving Him from hearts of love and gratitude rather than guilt and condemnation. (Ephesians 4:11-13)
● Loving Relationships: We believe loving relationships are the heart of a healthy church, and we strive to provide an atmosphere which develops loving Christian individuals, marriages, and families. (John 13:34-35)